To celebrate World Mental Health Day,
Mark Ralph – Mindfulness Consultant will be giving a
Free Introductory to Mindfulness class at our Training and Information Centre in Henrietta Street from 10.30am to 12.00pm on Thursday 10th October.
What is Mindfulness?
- Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us.
- This basic human ability can of course be both strengthened and enhanced through both formal and informal daily mindfulness practices.
- An example of an informal mindfulness practice would be any daily activity performed with full attention. A formal practice would be the practice described below.
- Allowing ourselves 5-10 minutes during our busy working day to practice the gentle but powerful practice of mindfulness can have powerful therapeutic effects on our health and well-being.
- In an age of ever-increasing stress related illnesses this can only be a good thing.
- A daily practice can make us healthier, more resilient and ultimately happier at work and in an age of ever-increasing stress related illnesses this can only be a good thing. To reserve your place, please email Wexfordmha@mentalhealthireland.ie or Tel 053 9140610
- Tea/ coffee will be served afterwards. All very welcome to attend. Booking advisable as places are limited.